As I write this, surrounding cities where I live are dealing with massive wildfires, the air quality is terrible, we’re dealing with a serious heatwave and we’re still drowning in this pandemic. It feels like the world is ending! It’s hard to focus on things that bring me joy. However, during tough times, I find if I keep my routine as normal as I can and still indulge in the things that bring me joy (like hunting for cool finds to share with you), it helps me feel centered and calm. Here are some of those finds from this month.
- David Bowie Videos: Bowie is one of my idols. I admire his tenacity, his spirit, and creativity. I recently stumbled on this account that shares tons of his video clips, and it makes me happy.
- Kikagagu Moyo: This psychedelic rock band from Tokyo has a truly unique sound. Many of their songs sound different from each other in a way that’s fresh and delightful.
- Pansy Underwear: I love Pansy! Their underwear is extremely comfortable, and I love everything the brand stands for. I bought a set in avocado after seeing it on Solange, naturally.
- Ariel Kellogg Jewelry: How amazing are these earrings?!
- Cold Picnic Rugs: I’m a big fan of Cold Picnic. They make funky, innovative rug designs. I’ve been waiting to find the perfect one for our home. I think this blue one is gorgeous.
- Christy Dawn The Dawn Dress: Christy Dawn not only makes beautiful clothing that is sustainably made but they’re also a brand that gives back. I’ve had her classic Dawn dress on heavy rotation during these hot days. I think I need this pretty floral one next.
- Hannah Pahl’s Graphics: Hannah’s graphics are fun and colorful. I particularly love her book cover designs—so funny, so true!
- The Iliac Crest by Cristina Rivera Garza: This tiny book was incredible. It’s wonderfully bizarre and leaves you pondering complex subjects. It looks at how gendered language can be destructive.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.