It’s no secret that I love flowers. I love taking bunches of florals and turning them into vibrant arrangements. While spring is undoubtedly the prime time for popular flowers, floral blooms are nothing to sneeze at. You can easily fill your home with gorgeous floral arrangements that look like they were done by your favorite florist.
Where to get flowers:
There are so many options of places to get beautiful fall flowers.
- My favorite is Trader Joe’s, because it has the best selection for the best price.
- Wholesale flower suppliers
- Farmers’ markets
- Your local florist. I got my bucket of flowers from a San Diego florist, Native Poppy. Most florists do a large flower order at the beginning of the week and you can take advantage of any extra product they don’t sell. Just call your local florist and ask!
What you need:
Arranging flowers is a low-cost hobby in terms of supplies. All I use for my floral arrangements are:
I use my floral tape to make a criss-cross pattern across the top of the vessel. This makes it easier to arrange the stems and keep the blooms in place. I also use a flower frog, but I didn’t purchase one until I was really committed to learning more about floral arranging.
Easy step-by-step floral arranging:
- Start by adding the largest flowers first, working in a circle and turning the vase as you go to make sure the arrangement is symmetrical. I always like to pick at least two “statement” flowers.
- Add in the next variety of flower (filler flowers) and repeat until all flowers have been added.
- Finish the arrangement by adding greenery, grasses or berries. Don’t skip this step! It adds texture and interest to your florals.
- Don’t forget to create a mix of complementary colors and varieties!
Best flowers for fall:
- Asiatic Lily
- Calla Lilies
- Black-Eyed Susans
Just make sure to get enough flowers so you can make arrangements for every room!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.