I have a love/hate relationship with October. I love everything fall-related and crave the cozy aesthetic of the season. But living in San Diego, I don’t get a true fall in October. I mean, I have my A/C blasting as I write this, it’s 95 degrees outside right now. Nonetheless, my heart is in October, even if the weather isn’t. But the most important thing this month? Voting! Please make sure you’re getting your ballot in as early as possible. OK, now I’ll hop off my soapbox and share the things I’ve been loving this month.
- Maison Balzac “Margot” Candles: I have so many beautiful pieces from Maison Balzac in my home, but when I saw these new candles, I squealed. How did they know my exact favorite color palette? Needless to say, I bought them as soon as I could.
- Letter writing: While reading the book Boy Swallows Universe, I got the idea of finding a pen pal. The main character in the book had a pen pal in prison that he wrote detailed letters to, and I thought that sounded lovely. The idea of a semi-anonymous pen pal you don’t really know in real life. I skipped the prisons and called on IG and have been loving the act of writing my pen pals.
- Skandinavisk Next Generation: I love this 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free collection that offers a variety of home and body fragrances with scents reminiscent of cold seas, lush green forests and the rich traditions of the region.
- Intimations by Zadie Smith: I started and finished this in one sitting, and I loved every word. Zadie Smith can do no wrong in my eyes, and this collection of essays written in the early days of quarantine felt like she was speaking directly to my soul.
- Vote Necklace by Amelia Rose Design: After seeing Michelle Obama’s “Vote” necklace at the DNC, I knew I needed one. This necklace by Amelia Rose Design is perfect for making a statement and also donates 10 percent of all sales to Rock the Vote.
- Ella Jane Vintage: I hate to give away one of my best kept secrets, but it’s time I share Ella Jane Vintage with the world. I can’t stop buying pieces from the online shop. It is one of the few IG accounts I have notifications turned on for because I don’t want to miss out on any of the perfect pieces that get added. I recently just bought a pink frosted lily bud vase and a gold candle snuffer that bring me so much joy.
- Allie Falcon Art: I discovered Allie Falcon’s art while browsing Society6 for throw pillows, and I’m so glad I did. It’s the perfect cosmic cowgirl aesthetic I like to infuse into every corner of my life.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌