My husband and I aren’t big fans of buying each other a lot of Christmas gifts. If I really want something, I usually buy it for myself (and in my husband’s case: he never buys anything at all, ever). Still, it’s nice to get a treat from someone you love. We usually will give each other 1-3 ideas for something small we have our eye on. I like supporting small businesses — so I picked out a few things from some of my favorite small shops that I wouldn’t mind seeing under the tree.
- Asp & Hand Glass Cups & Straws: These oddly beautiful glasses are high on my list this year. I also think a collection of straws would make such a lovely gift.
- Bliss and Mischief “Give Bliss A Chance” Corduroy Hat: Bliss and Mischief is hands down one of my favorite small shops ever. I adore the founder, Hillary! I’ve been wearing baseball caps non-stop, and this one is calling to me.
- Tart Vinegar: One of my go-to gifts is artisanal culinary items — and Tart Vinegar is the one I chose to gift this year. I have to admit, I bought myself one, too (and snagged their awesome tote bag).
- Lia Ices “Family” Album: Bay Area local Lia Ices is an incredible musician. I’m drawn to her ethereal sound. I’m hoping to see this one under my tree (hint, Joey!).
- Ginny Sims Ceramics: Anything and everything by Ginny Sims!
- Hortense Jewelry Large Snail Necklace: Hortense is another small shop that is one of my absolute favorites. I appreciate how original Hortense is. She never fails to make exactly what I’ve been dreaming of: like this gorgeous snail necklace.
- Paloma Wool “Cluedo” Beret: Brings me back to the ’90s, and I dig it.
- Story mfg. Grateful Tee SS: I’ve been eyeing this t-shirt all year. More snails!