February is always one of my favorite months because I’m a sucker for Valentine’s Day. It’s also the cusp of spring, which is my favorite time of year. It’s still cold enough for me to enjoy the weather but fresh and clear like a spring day, and all the little wildflowers in San Diego are starting to bloom along the paths. I, like many people, am starting to feel a bit of hope that there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I am still finding solace in those little flashes of delight, which fills my favorites each month!
- Ode to Kakelugn: My current Pinterest obsession is scrolling images of Swedish stoves. I’m just so in love with them. They’re Scandinavian function mixed with ornate Rococo style. These tiled stoves are a prominent feature in old Scandinavian buildings, but a girl can dream, right??
- Amanda Gorman: Like most of America, I fell in love with Amanda Gorman during her poem at the presidential inauguration. Since then, I’ve been following her every move, including her Super Bowl poem and Time magazine feature, which I adored. I am just so enamored with her, and her interview in Time with Michelle Obama was just the *chef’s kiss* cherry on top.
- Neato D7 Robot Vacuum: I’ve been wanting a robot vacuum for ages now, and I told my husband that this Valentine’s Day was the day I finally get one. We have two very furry dogs who shed like crazy and our hardwood floors are covered every other day. I am so happy with my Neato D7 robot vacuum, which I promptly named “Elliot Stabler.” It has been a game changer in keeping my home clean and dog hair-free.
- Fitbit Versa 3: My mom got me a new Fitbit for my birthday a couple weeks ago, because I wanted to track my exercise for this pregnancy. I’m trying to make sure I get in my 10,000 steps a day, and I love how sleek and connected this Fitbit is. It’s a great upgrade from my Fitbit Charge, and helps me stay on top of my goals each day.
- “Being Seen” Podcast: If you need a new podcast to add to your rotation, definitely check out “Being Seen.” I binged every available episode. “Being Seen” is an in-depth exploration of culture’s role in resolving the tension between how we are seen and how we see ourselves. It’s focused on the gay and queer Black male experience, and makes space for conversations with leading artists, writers, activists, entertainers and community leaders.
- Vitruvi Golden Blend: I can never make my own essential oil blends that smell as good as the ones that come pre-blended. Vitruvi is my go-to for essential oils, and I just bought its “Golden” blend, which is fairly new, and I’ve been diffusing it every day as soon as I wake up. It’s a really lovely ritual and the blend of grapefruit, lavender, peppermint and ginger is so clean and invigorating.
- Mandy Patinkin and Kathryn Grody: My celeb crush has been Mandy Patinkin for as long as I can remember. I simply adore him. His IG account with his wife of 43 years, Kathryn Grody, has been a bright spot in my quarantine. At the beginning of March 2020, they headed to their upstate New York cabin and have been spending months of uninterrupted time together debating, declaiming, snuggling, bickering, playing and obsessing about politics. It’s delightful entertainment and last week The New York Times did a must-read feature on the couple that I hope you’ll enjoy as much as I did.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌