With the arrival of a new season comes the inevitable need to nest, and we’ve set our sights on the obvious first and foremost—our outdoor living spaces! To help prep your patio this spring, we’ve rounded up 11 of our favorite outdoor spaces from past Glitter Guide home tours. Scroll on for photos and tips that will have you well on your way to enjoying a blissful springtime siesta under the sun in no time.
1. Take a cue from Jennifer From FleaMarketFab and source thrift stores and estate sales for pretty vintage goodies to add one-of-a-kind character to your outdoor oasis.
2. Aniko Levai shows us that DIY projects, like handmade pallet furniture, can give your deck a totally custom vibe while on a budget.
3. We love that Amanda Watters was able to create a simple seating area on her screened-in porch. It just goes to show that you don’t need a ton of furniture to create an outdoor space of your own!
4. Our own Abby Sterling ‘decked’ out her pint-sized balcony with layered indoor/outdoor rugs, a collection of weather-resistant furniture and pretty glass and metal lanterns. We’re also smitten with her shoe-rack-turned-plant-holder!
5. Lauren Wells made the most of her outdoor patio fencing by creating staggered shelves for her collection of terra cotta-planted greenery.
6. Clare Mukherjee was inspired by the neutral colors of Mother Nature herself when crafting her slate, navy and white outdoor dining room. Try this look out for yourself using your own favorite earth tones.
7. Treat the seating area on your back deck just like you would any indoor living space. For example, Erin Barrett used plush textiles and a symmetrical arrangement to establish an easy-going, yet stylish, vibe on her outdoor patio.
8. Liz Fourez shows us that displaying plants from the ground up helps give your outdoor living room a cozy vibe. Here, she has greenery planted in flower pots, situated in baskets on a shelving unit and even a few hung from planters up above.
9. We love the draped cafe string lights that Kristin Mansky topped her patio off with! They add much-needed light post-sunset, and draw the eye up, making a small space look a lot larger.
10. The outdoor seating area that Kennesha Buycks designed is filled with boho style. Try recreating this look on your own patio using mud cloth pillows, a kilim rug and plenty of potted trees and plants.
11. For those of you who live in climates that experience distinct seasons, take a little inspiration from Amber Thrane who made sure to incorporate an outdoor fireplace on her patio to keep chilly air at bay throughout the fall and spring.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌