Here, in Northern California, May feels like the beginning of summer. The dry heat is pouring in; windows are left open at night, socks are put away until fall. It’s bittersweet to say goodbye to spring and its refreshing vibrancy. It’s also been exceptionally dry this past year, and the fire warnings are starting earlier in the season and becoming more frequent. We are entering a severe drought. So summer evokes mixed feelings. That said, I have found things that are bringing me joy and delight.
- Dr. Cassidy Freitas x ban.do Feelings Deck: I’m so proud of my dear friend Dr. Cassidy Freitas, LMFT, for collaborating with ban.do to make this deck of cards that help with emotional awareness. They are so thoughtful and helpful, plus beautiful! 50 percent of the proceeds go toward The Loveland Foundation.
- Valerie June: I’ve had Valerie June’s album on repeat this month. I love her quirky, soulful sound. Her songs “You and I” and her cover of “Cosmic Dancer” are my current favorites.
- Sigma Brush Pens: I recently started journaling again after a 20-year break! I’ve loved using these pens when I want to feel fancy.
- Ada Limón Piece for Lit Hub: I loved this piece by the poet Ada Limón wrote about preparing her body for the reopening of the world.
- Shawn Harris Tulip Drawing: The kids and I love Shawn Harris; his artwork is so fun and feels accessible. His new book, Have You Ever Seen a Flower? is fantastic. I was thrilled to win this tulip drawing in one of his giveaways. It’s my new favorite thing!
- Thatch Jewelry Guiding Star Link Necklace: I’m obsessed with this necklace by Thatch Jewelry! It’s a stunner — it’s great as a statement piece and looks lovely paired with other necklaces.
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke: This was a wonderful read. It’s not like most of the books I gravitate toward, but that was part of its appeal. It’s a wild fantasy that keeps you guessing.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌